Niels Bohr Atom Mobile
This graceful Flensted mobile is a celebration of 100 years of the Niels Bohr Atom Model in cooperation with the Niels Bohr Institute of Copenhagen. In 1913 Niels Bohr developed his revolutionary model of the atom, from which new information technologies continue to arise - from the transistor radio to quantum computers. This mobile is a graceful ever changing interpretation of the model.
Design: Mette Høst / Clive Ellegaard / Ole Flensted
Size: 27 x 27 cm
Material: Stainless steel / Wood
Assembly: This mobile arrives in a gift box fully assembled
A Flensted mobile is not only designed in Denmark, it is also handmade in Denmark, assembled by 60 homeworkers spread over Funen – the island of Hans Christian Andersen. It all started in 1954, when Christian and Grethe Flensted saw that they could not keep up with the demands for their first mobile, the FM-001 Danish Lucky Storks. Christian went next door and asked his neighbour if she could help them assemble some mobiles and she became their first home-worker. This method of production saves more than 15 tons of fuel every year.
View all Flensted Mobile products here.
- UK Standard Shipping Orders Under £50 (1-5 business days unless otherwise stated) - £2.50
- UK Standard Shipping Orders Over £50 (1-5 business days unless otherwise stated) - Free
- Some items may have a slightly longer lead time. If this is the case it is always noted on the product page.
- Note. Your shipping options will also be displayed at checkout.
- If you are shipping to an International address an automatic £20 will be applied at checkout. If the actual cost of shipping is less that this then we will refund the difference after the item has been dispatched.