This stunning ArchitectMade Duck is handmade from teak wood and has become a Danish Design Classic.
Its evolution dates back to 1959 when a family of ducks stopped traffic in Copenhagen. Yep. It was in the neighborhood of Frederiksberg in 1959, precisely during rush hour, that a family of ducks waddled into traffic, prompting a police man to immediately stop all cars and pedestrians so the ducks could cross unharmed. This charming moment made headlines and wooed the hearts of all Danes, specifically Hans Bølling who was so enamoured by the story that he was inspired to create the Duck family.
The Duck & Duckling are sold separately.
Duck: I am 18cm high and handmade in teak wood
Duckling: I am 9cm high and handmade in teak wood
ArchitectMade's products are designed with the precision of an architect and the vision of an artist. They create timeless design icons drawn by some of the most acclaimed architects of all time. They search archives, museums and architectural drawings to uncover masterpieces that possess a timeless expression and quality that can be passed on for generations. As a testimony of elegant simplicity and subtle craftsmanship, ArchitectMade provides design icons that have been made to stand the test of time.
Note: Sale items are non-refundable.
- UK Standard Shipping Orders Under £50 (1-5 business days unless otherwise stated) - £2.50
- UK Standard Shipping Orders Over £50 (1-5 business days unless otherwise stated) - Free
- Some items may have a slightly longer lead time. If this is the case it is always noted on the product page.
- Note. Your shipping options will also be displayed at checkout.
- If you are shipping to an International address an automatic £20 will be applied at checkout. If the actual cost of shipping is less that this then we will refund the difference after the item has been dispatched.