Optimist & Pessimist
Can you look at these two dudes without smiling? Its impossible! Whether you are indeed an optimist or a pessimist, these characters from ArchitectMade are both endearing and charming. They exemplify the duality in each of us; ying Vs yang, happy Vs sad. Their bodies each express a different demeanour and reveal the power of expression in defining one as an Optimist and the other a Pessimist. Which are you? A fantastic gift idea and a guaranteed conversation starter!
Each figure is 13cm high and handmade from the finest teak wood.
That shaggy head of hair is made from soft rabbit fur.
Their eyes are maple and wenge wood, which offers a duality in material that reinforces the dual nature of the objects.
Designed by Hans Bolling, ArchitectMade
ArchitectMade's products are designed with the precision of an architect and the vision of an artist.
They create timeless design icons drawn by some of the most acclaimed architects of all time. They search archives, museums and architectural drawings to uncover masterpieces that possess a timeless expression and quality that can be passed on for generations. As a testimony of elegant simplicity and subtle craftsmanship, ArchitectMade provides design icons that have been made to stand the test of time.
View all products from ArchitectMade here.
Note: Sale items are non-refundable.
- UK Standard Shipping Orders Under £50 (1-5 business days - unless otherwise stated) - £2.50
- UK Standard Shipping Orders Over £50 (1-5 business days - unless otherwise stated) - Free
- UK Next Working Day £6.95 (Place order by 1pm)
- Some items may have a slightly longer lead time. If this is the case it is always noted on the product page.
- Note. Your shipping options will also be displayed at checkout.
- If you are shipping to an International address an automatic £20 will be applied at checkout. If the actual cost of shipping is less that this then we will refund the difference after the item has been dispatched.