Piet Kokeshi Doll
Piet Mondrian (1972-1944) was a dutch painter and one of the greatest artists of the 20th Century. A pioneer of abstract art, we love him for this use of primary colours and strong geometric forms - he was colour blocking before we were born!
These dolls from Scandinavian brand Lucie Kaas are a modern interpretation of the Japanese Kokeshi Doll; figures characterised by a large head and a simple body. Each represent a leading figure in the art & design world.
When we held these little people in our hands we were immediately impressed by their quality and charmed by the personality that each one conveys; they perfectly represent their namesakes and thus a talking point in any interior setting.
Piet is 14.5cm high and made from Superba wood.
He is designed by Sketch Inc. for Lucie Kaas
Lucie Kaas collections go from north to south. Their design philosophy is not guided by stringent rules, strict colour pallets or a fixed set of geometric shapes. Their products are based on likes, travels, interactions and moods and inclusive of all materials, nationalities, trends, and time periods. Lucie Kaas take a novel approach to interior design and are anything but grey walls and minimalists.
View all products from Lucie Kaas here.
- UK Standard Shipping Orders Under £50 (1-5 business days - unless otherwise stated) - £2.50
- UK Standard Shipping Orders Over £50 (1-5 business days - unless otherwise stated) - Free
- UK Next Working Day £6.95 (Place order by 1pm)
- Some items may have a slightly longer lead time. If this is the case it is always noted on the product page.
- Note. Your shipping options will also be displayed at checkout.
- If you are shipping to an International address an automatic £20 will be applied at checkout. If the actual cost of shipping is less that this then we will refund the difference after the item has been dispatched.