Frida Kokeshi Doll
Frida Kahlo (1907 - 1954) was a Mexican painter best known for her uncompromising and brilliantly coloured self-portraits that deal with such themes as identity, the human body and death. She is perhaps one of the best-known artists of the 20th century. The dramatic parts of her life have inspired many books and movies in the decades following her death.
These dolls from Scandinavian brand Lucie Kaas are a modern interpretation of the Japanese Kokeshi Doll; figures characterised by a large head and a simple body. Each represent a leading figure in the art & design world.
When we held these little people in our hands we were immediately impressed by their quality and charmed by the personality that each one conveys; they perfectly represent their namesakes and thus a talking point in any interior setting.
Frida is 14.5cm high and made from Superba wood.
Designed by Sketch Inc. for Lucie Kaas
Lucie Kaas collections go from north to south. Their design philosophy is not guided by stringent rules, strict colour pallets or a fixed set of geometric shapes. They take novel approach to interior design and are anything but grey walls and minimalists.
View all Lucie Kaas products here.
- UK Standard Shipping Orders Under £50 (1-5 business days - unless otherwise stated) - £2.50
- UK Standard Shipping Orders Over £50 (1-5 business days - unless otherwise stated) - Free
- UK Next Working Day £6.95 (Place order by 1pm)
- Some items may have a slightly longer lead time. If this is the case it is always noted on the product page.
- Note. Your shipping options will also be displayed at checkout.
- If you are shipping to an International address an automatic £20 will be applied at checkout. If the actual cost of shipping is less that this then we will refund the difference after the item has been dispatched.